tas books stage 2
1 day course - 9.30am to 4.30pm
The second of three stages is recommended to all TAS users as essential training as it covers many basic routines that are necessary in order to continue problem-free accounting.
Candidates should be comfortable using a computer, mouse and keyboard. It is preferable that they have either done an Introduction to Bookkeeping Course and a TAS Stage 1 course, or have a prior knowledge of accounting and are already familiar with the material covered on the TAS Stage 1 course.
suggested follow-up courses
- Credit Control and Aged Debt Management: In order for any business to be successful it must have a healthy and controlled cash flow. Learn how to monitor outstanding Customer transactions and discover the credit control features that are built into TAS to assist with debt chasing.
- Statements and Overdue Letters: Printing/emailing Statements to your customers on a regular basis is a good way of keeping them informed of their balance and is also a polite reminder of what they owe you.
- Invoice Production Basics: Discover how to set up products and services and produce printable invoices and credit notes. (Menu 5 & 6). Learn also how to process quotations and pro-formas and how to convert these into invoices. Customise recurring text to include on Sales Invoices and create skeleton orders/order templates to speed up production.
- Cash Book Operation: Bank transactions such as transfers, cash payments and cash receipts.
- Bank Reconciliation: Ensure transactions processed through the program are the same as those that have been processed through our actual Bank Account
- VAT Returns: Process your VAT return. Procedure for calculating, checking and posting VAT.
- Error Correction: Learn how to edit and delete transactions using the drilldown feature, how to delete a sales order if it has not been posted and how to use the audit trail.
- After this course the user will have increased confidence and efficiency using TAS Books software.
- Opportunity to gain official certification from the only official Sage training centre in Ireland.
- Reduced amount of paperwork and time spent in the process of writing up accounts.