tas books stage 1
1 day course - 9.30am to 4.30pm
The first of three stages, in just one day, this course enables you to set up your system correctly to begin processing within your system . We recommend Stage 1 as essential training to those who are new to the TAS program and also all TAS users setting the program up for the first time. The course covers many basic routines that are fundamental to problem–free accounting.
Candidates should be comfortable using a computer, mouse and keyboard. It is preferable that they have either done an Introduction to Bookkeeping Course, or have a prior knowledge of accounting. Prior use of Tas Books is not required.
suggested follow-up courses
- Company Setup: Setting up all company information e.g. names addresses’, tax codes, contains all the company financial information in one easily accessible place.
- Nominal Ledger: Discover how to set up and tailor the nominal ledger to the company’s own specific needs by utilising the Chart of Accounts program. Create Bank Accounts and setup multiple departments.
- Customer and Supplier Setup: Learn how to setup and edit Customer & Supplier records.
- Basic Customer and Supplier Transactions: We will look at posting customer and supplier invoices and credit notes (that do not print – Menu 2 & 3 only).
- Customer and Supplier Payments: Receiving customer payments and allocate them to the customer account. Paying Suppliers, allocation to supplier account and option to create Supplier Remittance.
- Cash Book Operation: Bank transactions such as transfers, cash payments and cash receipts.
- Data Security: Setup user passwords and access rights for additional security. See how to backup your TAS data and should you need to take a step back, how to restore.
- Opening Balances: Covered for any who are required to make the transition from an existing manual system or other accountancy software onto the TAS program.
- ePayement Setup and Processing: Setup Bank and Supplier Accounts for ePayments. Enter Supplier ePayments and generate ePayment files for bank processing.
- After this course the user will be able to set up their accountancy software quickly and efficiently and will ready to begin processing.
- Increased confidence to use TAS Books software.
- Opportunity to gain official certification from the only official Sage training centre in Ireland.
- Reduced amount of paperwork and time spent in the process of writing up accounts.